Haw Branch Christian Church was organized by Alonza J. Holton on October 6, 1887. Before this date, the congregation met at Mission Point- Rice Patch Landing.
The original building was moved and rebuilt on December 4, 1955 and Dedication Services were held.
A Fellowship Hall was built in 1975.
Bathrooms were raised and a kitchen connecting the 2 buildings was added in 1978.
In 1989 a steeple was erected and siding and a baptistery were installed.
A new Fellowship Hall and classrooms were added in 1996. In 1998 the congregation officially changed it’s name to Haw Branch Church of Christ.
In 1999 the land adjoining the church was given by Don Hill and an auditorium and classroom building was built.Ground breaking services for the new church building were held March 31, 2002. The new building was constructed in 2003 and the first service was held in February 2004.
Unity Christian Academy preK-12, a ministry of Haw Branch Church of Christ, opened it’s doors in the fall of 2010 and is going strong today.
Construction of the new Family Life Center/Gym/Kitchen/Foyer began in May 2014 and was completed in the fall of 2014. Our ministries have expanded and we look forward to what God has in store for HBCC in the future!
Currently we have 1 full-time minister, a full-time office manager and a part-time worship leader.
Haw Branch Christian Church (now Haw Branch Church of Christ)
circa +/- 1955